Most people moving a few household or office items will think of a van to do it. There are two options to having a van; hiring a van alone, or hiring a man and van. When engaging a man and van London service, you will be in a more advantageous position seeing as it is that the van will come with a pair of hands very useful in loading and unloading.
A man and van London service overcomes the hidden costs that would come by hiring a van only. These include fuel costs, hiring loading and hoisting equipment, buying moving insurance, storage costs, and labour costs.
How to hire man and van London service
- Google is your friend. Doing a ‘man and van London service’ search will turn up tens of man and van companies. Look at their sites as well as reputation on different customer review sites. Check if they have a van of the size you need.
- Ask for price quotes from at least 3 companies. Compare these quotes on price as well as extra services offered for example end of tenancy cleaning. Avoid low bids that are too good to be true. They will be full of hidden costs.
Loading vans come in sizes of small, medium, large, extra-large and Luton with capacities ranging from 99 cubic feet to 670 cubic feet. Remember that the size of the van has a direct bearing on the cost so make your choice carefully.
If you pick a van that has inadequate load space, the consequences would be:
- You would be forced to make more than I trip which is impossible if you are moving a long distance.
- You are forced to leave some items behind
- You are forced to hire an extra vehicle to ferry the items that do not fit, or hire a larger removals truck which would be waste of time and money.
It would be better to err on the side of caution and take a van with a space slightly larger than what you need. This has also risks in that you will be paying for space not in use. There is also the danger of items rattling about the van or toppling over due to the large free play space. However, it easy to secure the items using straps or twine.
If you are not confident of picking the right sized van, ask the Man and Van London company for assistance. They will send someone over to make the assessment.